Online salon marketing can be used for hair salon business ownerships, nail salon business ownership as well as any beauty business ownership. One of the keys to staying in business is making sure you are using proven marketing strategies.
YouTube is a great low to no cost marketing strategy that can help any business get placed on the map and draw more traffic to their physical location as well as virtual location – website.
Cross Promoting and Collaborating with others in your industry can be beneficial. Check out below different ways you can cross promote your hair salon business.
1. Video Guest Promotions: You can use your skills and education as a hair salon business owner and cross promote using videos with a hair stylist. He or she could be featured in your online salon marketing video. Simply take clips or ask the creator to send you a video of them answering a specific question, showing a new technique or giving some good advice.
2. Video Teasers: You can use clips from a fellow collaborator highlighting whatever you all decide. This can work both ways. You can send them a clip of something or some topic you would like to promote as a teaser to get viewers interested and clicking for you.
3. Video Shout Outs: Owning a hair salon business involves more than just you operating the day-to-day of the salon. Being a hair salon business owner you have a responsibility to the hair and beauty community to stay on top of the latest trends and ideas. By researching prospective collaborators or cross promoting you can give a shout out to other YouTube channels and creators in your salon marketing videos. This builds goodwill, gives the audience more information and it helps to distinguish you as an expert in the industry – It lets people know that if you don’t have the answer, you know someone who does.
4. Tip: Remember you can use annotations and links in your description of the video. Make sure you place the link to your fellow collaborators channel in your description.
5. Click Like: Something as small as clicking like on others YouTube channel is a form of cross promotion. Your subscribers will be able to see your activity and see whose channel you like. You can also use this same concept by leaving a comment and marking the video as a favorite.
6. Subscriber Sharing: Using your hair salon business ownership status as influence when you subscribe to a fellow YouTubers channel that subscription is broadcast to your own subscribers or anyone visiting your channel page. This allows your viewing audience to indirectly see who you are promoting. This is a great way to help other salon owners, hair stylists, nail salons and beauty experts.
7. TIP: When you subscribe to someones channel send them a message asking them to subscribe to salon channel. Let them know that you would like to promote them and their business and you would appreciate the same. When they subscribe to you then you will show up and be indirectly promoted to their existing subscribers.